Gay Rights

Gay Rights

Why did I choose this Concept?

The theme of my blog was chosen for 2 very simple reasons;

~ Some people refuse to believe in hate. I don't mean this in the way that they hate, but they believe that there is no hate.

I apologize... but there is hate, especially for LBGT rights.

Some people refuse to believe in love for all. Yes, I am addressing the homophobics or those who hate LBGT peoples.

This negativity, unfortunatley, has spread to the bliss of music

~ I am a transvesite who has plans for a future sex change, therfor I know what it is to be hated for who I am. Of course I just smile it off and leave, but sometimes words need to be said...

This is where I will speak the words that need to be said, and show the world how cruel it can be to those who are just being who they are.

What is LBGTS?

LesbianBisexualGayTransStraight

This is all put into one word and/or abbreviation to symbolize UNITY

Definitions:

Lesbian: A woman who is attracted to other women exclusively
Bisexual: One of either sex attracted to either sex
Gay: A man who is attracted to other men exclusively
Trans(sexual): Post sex change operation
Trans(vestite): One who dresses in the opposite sex
Straight: One of either sex attracted to the member of the sex opposite to their own exclusivley

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Martial Mathers by Eminem; Song Analysis

There have been many song artists, especially in the rap element, that have a feud with one another. Either they rap each other out, call out their enemies through their lyrics, or sometimes things even result in violence. Eminem, rap artist also known as Slim Shady, has a feud with the band I.C.P [Insane Clown Posse] and it’s leading artists Violent J and Shaggy2Dope. [Background information: The lyrics I will be using is a response by Eminem from a song mocking Eminem, by I.C.P, called “Slim Anus”]. In the song “Martial Mathers,” Eminem’s profane and anti-gay slurs used to insult I.C.P contain the usage of rhyme, allusion, and alliteration.

As a rap artist, rhyming is essential. In the lines “Plus I was put here to put fear in faggots who spray Faygo Root Beer/and call themselves "Clowns" cause they look queer,” he rhymes “beer” with “queer.” In other parts of the song, he rhymes “nails” and “females,” or “wristwatches” with “nauseous.” Sometimes, he uses imperfect rhymes such as “started” with “garbage.”

His allusion to I.C.P’s song is very much in evidence; Eminem does no try to hide his allusion at all, as in evidence with the following lines: “Plus I was put here to put fear in faggots who spray Faygo Root Beer/and call themselves "Clowns" cause they look queer” or “’Slim Anus,’ you damn right, Slim Anus/I don't get f!!!!!d in mine like you two little flaming faggots!” Despite seeming rather homophobic and profane, it is very clear that he is referring to I.C.P’s Violent J and Shaggy2Dope.

Lastly, Eminem uses a great deal of alliteration to get his point across. He uses his alliteration, typically, with a great deal of slurs and swears: "fear in faggots who spray Faygo" has a series of the 'fffff' sound. Also, he says "'Clowns' cause they look queer," rhyming the 2 C's and the Q.

Perhaps Eminem isn't homophobic nor against gay rights. Then again, this isn't his only song that displays an advanced dislike for gays. In another defense, Eminem could be using these words [gay, faggot, queer, retarded, etc] in the way that practically everyone else uses them [despite the fact that it is wrong]; they are now considered mere insults, and he is trying to insult the members of I.C.P. Nevertheless, he effectively uses alliteration, allusion, and rhyme.

No comments:

Post a Comment